MAINSTREAMING CLIMATE CHANGE ADAPTATION IN AGRICULTURAL EXTENSION
• Any day when an area receives 2.95mm
or more of rainfall
• Maybe used together with seasonal totals
• The definitions are not hard and fast they
may differ area by area and crop by crop
Makoholi has an
average of 36 rainy
days (about 17%).
Makoholi has a
higher probability of
Rain days in a season
Gokwe has an
average of about 50
rain days in each
The total number of
days in the season is
roughly 210 days
about 24% of the
days are rainy.
Matopos has an
average of 47 rain
days range from 35
Is climate changing?
• not easy to conclude for rainfall because
of high variability.
• Temps are significantly warming up.
• Rainfall regression is not statistically
• Climate change throughout the world is
mostly shown through increased temp
• Rainfall is much more difficult and variable
( different models have shown different outcomes with
some showing an increase and some showing a
decrease while temperatures have been consistently
A Training Manual on Use of Climate Information and Vulnerability and Capacity Assessment for
Agricultural Extension Staff in Zimbabwe