If you want to practice making the adjustments we cover in this lesson, you can download some or all of our example images. Just click any of the images below to open a full-sized version. Then right-click the full-sized version and select Save Image As to save it to your computer.
- Open the flower_fullsize.jpg example file in Photoshop.
- Duplicate the background layer, then apply an unsharp mask. Take some time to adjust the different settings, comparing the sharpened version with the original.
- Open the ferris_wheel_fullsize.jpg example file.
- Duplicate the background layer, then apply noise reduction. Take some time to adjust the different settings, comparing the noise reduction with the original.
- When you're finished editing, use the Save for Web feature to export the images as JPEGs.