Photoshop is a big subject, and it may start to feel overwhelming at times. Fortunately, there are many good resources for learning Photoshop on the Web. Some are free, while others require a paid subscription. You'll find some of our favorites below.
If you'd like to learn more about basic image editing skills, check out our Image Editing 101 tutorial.
Free resources from Adobe
Adobe provides several free resources for learning Photoshop. Whether you are just getting started or are looking for advanced tips, you'll find a variety of tutorials and helpful information on these pages:
- Photoshop Help and Support
- Photoshop Visual Dictionary
- How to Edit a Photo in Photoshop
- Learn Photoshop CC: Adobe TV
- Photoshop CC Keyboard Shortcuts
- Photoshop Essentials: This site offers tutorials on almost every Photoshop tool for a variety of skill levels.
- Cambridge in Colour: While it's not specifically a Photoshop tutorial, this site provides a lot of information about the basics of working with digital images, including file formats, resolution, and sharpness.
- Design Reviver: The Photoshop 101 series on this blog touches on several fundamental Photoshop concepts and skills.
- Lynda: Unlike the other resources listed above, Lynda is not free—it requires a monthly subscription to use. However, it offers many high-quality, comprehensive video tutorials for all skill levels. It also offers a few free videos within each tutorial.